Terms and Conditions
The information in this document is for general information purposes only. It is not legal or professional advice. Reasonable steps are taken to ensure the integrity of information in this document. The writer is neither liable nor responsible for corrupt, incorrect information or for any loss or damage the reader may suffer from reliance of this information.
- FUSION TRAVEL & TOURS (FT), Registration Number 2012/127725/07 is wholly
- Consumer Protection Act 68 of 2008 and carries on business under the Code of Conduct as stipulated by the ("FUSION TRAVEL & TOURS" franchisor and provides clients (you/your) with travel and/or other services on behalf of principals and/or other agents engaged in, or associated with the Travel Industry, including inter alia, airlines, tour operators, hotels, shipping companies, car hire and other providers of air, land, sea or any other travel arrangements, products or services (collectively referred to as ‘Third Party Service Providers’). FT will provide you with the identity as well as terms and conditions of all Third Party Service Providers, if such terms and conditions are in the possession of FT. It is your responsibility to familiarise yourself with such terms and conditions and to obtain further clarity regarding the terms and conditions imposed
- FT may refer to themselves as an “agent” from time-to-time but are not agents for any third party/ies.
The person requesting such quotations or estimates or making such booking or to whom any service is rendered, is deemed to have read and accepted the Conditions where applicable and to have the authority to do so on behalf of the person in whose name the estimate or quotation or reservation is requested and/or provided and/or the person to whom the services are rendered.
- Destination selection:
You acknowledge that you have selected the itinerary and destination(s) constituting the booking based on information gleaned from brochures and/or the Internet. You also acknowledge that such brochures and/or the Internet have been compiled and are managed and updated by the Principal over which FT has no control. Accordingly FT cannot and does not guarantee that the itinerary and/or any destinations will comply in whole or in part with such brochure and/or the Internet. Any right of recourse in that regard will be against the Third Party Service Providers.
- Date changes:
Travellers or their agent can make most date changes directly with the airlines involved while they are travelling. Some dates may only be changed through FT. Availability of seats and date change fees are subject to the airlines’ policies and fare rules. FT can advise about the policies regarding a specific itinerary on request. FT can assist in making your date changes for payment of a fee as quoted, in addition to the date change fees charged by the carrier. Some airlines may not allow date changes. In order to change the departure date, the ticket must be submitted for a refund and a new ticket purchased for the new travel dates. (Please see the section on Cancellations, below.)
- Routing changes:
Once tickets have been issued, routing changes (including adding, removing, or changing stopovers or connections) are not permitted. If a routing change is needed, the ticket must be submitted to us for a refund and a new ticket purchased for the new travel routing. (Please see the section on Cancellations, below.).
- Special requests:
If you have special requests you must address such requests to FT in writing at least 72 hours prior to the departure date. Whilst FT will use its best endeavours to accommodate such requests, it does not guarantee that it will be in a position to meet all demands.
- Bookings with Third Party Service Providers:
- FT only acts as an intermediary between the client (you/yours) and Third Party Service Providers, and accordingly on receipt by FT of any request for a booking(s) in a brochure or tailored quote, FT shall transmit any such booking to the Third Party Service Provider/s concerned and endeavour to secure timeously all reservations and
- All quotations or estimates provided by or bookings made with and/or all services rendered or vouchers, receipts or tickets issued by or on behalf of FT are subject to these Standard Terms and Conditions (STC) and that of any Third Party Service
- Third Party Service Providers may be acquitted from responsibility in that they act as agent themselves or have contracted out of liability, as may the ultimate principals such as hotels, car hire and coach operators, and it is therefore recommended that appropriate insurance be taken out for all
- FT furthermore does not accept liability for any actions, errors or omissions of the Third Party Service Providers and/or their agents, which may be prejudicial to you or result in loss in any way or form whatsoever, including injury, illness, harm, trauma, death and/or loss of or damage to your belongings whatsoever and you indemnify FT The conditions of the Third Party Service Providers shall constitute the sole contract between the Third Party Service Providers and you and any right of recourse you may have, will be solely against the Third Party Service Providers.
Neither FT nor any holding, parent, subsidiary, affiliated or associated company or representative shall be liable for any injury, illness, harm, trauma, death and/or loss of or damage to your belongings whatsoever howsoever caused and you indemnify FT accordingly. FT, its employees and agents shall furthermore not be liable for any indirect and/or consequential loss or damages whatsoever even though this may be as a result of negligence on the part of a FT employee(s).
- Bookings, change of arrangements, routes and prices:
"The booking" or "the reservation” refers to part, or all of the travel arrangements for transportation, accommodation, sightseeing and other linked travel services made on behalf of a client with Third Party Service Providers and excludes services of a peripheral nature. Any booking made by FT constitutes a form of contract between you and the Third Party Service Providers and is consequently subject to the terms and conditions of FT and such Third Party Service Providers’ conditions of agreement of business.
Wherever possible, FT will endeavour to confirm the status of any booking in writing, but we may not always be able to do so. In such cases, failure to provide written confirmation shall not be considered to negate the validity and conditions of the booking or to constitute an act of negligence on behalf of FT.
In the event of there being an unscheduled extension to the booking caused by flight delay, bad weather, strike or any other cause that is beyond the control of FT, it is understood that expenses relating to these unscheduled extensions (hotel accommodation, etc) will be for your account.
Notwithstanding anything contained to the contrary herein, unless full payment is due at the time of making the booking, all bookings must be accompanied by the requested deposit or guarantee. FT reserves the right to cancel any booking without prejudice, in the event of full payment or a deposit or part thereof not being received. The price quoted to you is based on fares, hotel prices, land costs and other relevant costs at the date of FT's quote. In the event of there being any increase in any of the foregoing costs prior to the issuing of the documents, such variation shall be for your account and payable on request by FT, as shall any increase in the price(s) quoted arising from the fluctuation in rates of exchange.
- Reconfirming flights/tickets (very important!):
FT takes no responsibility for reconfirming flights or for advising the traveller of airline schedule changes once the tickets have been issued. Standard airline rules in effect in most countries require that international flights must be reconfirmed directly with the airlines concerned at least 72 hours prior to departure of each flight or the airline(s) may cancel your reservations. We recommend that travellers reconfirm each flight, even if the airline says that it is not required.
- Airline default/involuntary schedule changes:
FT takes no responsibility in the event of an airline’s default, cessation of service on a ticketed route or schedule change. Travel insurance that covers airline default is highly recommended.
Prices are not guaranteed until payment has been paid for in full and tickets issued and are subject to change at any time until then.
- Payment and additional charges:
- Final payment for any booking must be made upon confirmation of the booking, unless specific arrangements have been made with FT and such arrangement confirmed in writing by FT. Final payment is based upon on the quoted and confirmed price, less any deposit paid, plus any additional charges that may have been incurred. Aside from passport, visa and other peripheral service fees (additional fees), FT reserves the right to claim the late booking charges, communications, consultation, administration and amendment fees where
- Interest at 5% above the current prime bank overdraft rate charged by FT’s bank will automatically be applied to all overdue amounts. Any invoice and/or statement received by you shall be immediately payable in full and no deduction or alteration may be made by you should all or any part of the services booked by FT be unused for any
- The only forms of payment accepted by FT are:
All major South African credit cards, if accompanied by satisfactory identification and electronic funds transfer (proof of payment must to e-mailed to FT)
- Assistance to obtain travel insurance in terms of Section 22 of the Tourism Act, 1993, is available on request. It shall not be obligatory upon FT to effect insurance for you except upon detailed instructions given in writing by you and all insurance effected by FT pursuant to such instruction will be subject to such exceptions and conditions as may be imposed by the insurance company or underwriters accepting the risk, and FT shall not be obliged to obtain separate cover for any risks so
- FT shall not be under any obligation to affect a separate insurance for each customer but may declare it on any open or general Should the insurers dispute their liability for any reason, you will have recourse against the insurers only and FT will not be under any responsibility or liability whatsoever in relation thereto, notwithstanding that the premium of the policy may not be at the same rate as that charged by FT or paid to FT by you.
- FT will not be responsible if you fail to take adequate insurance cover. Queries must be addressed to the principal insurer, as FT shall not in any way be held responsible for any and/or all information advanced by its staff in this
- FT strongly recommends that travel insurance be purchased for the duration of your journey. Insurance can only be purchased prior to departure. Insurance options should be discussed with your consultant. FT urges you to take out additional insurance cover over and above the phase one insurance offered free as standard for international travel by the various credit card Kindly check with your respective credit card company directly to obtain specific details of the complimentary cover.
- Peripheral requirements:
FT will endeavour to assist you in obtaining or meeting the requirements for passports, visas, health documents and insurance.
Thank you so much, I do appreciate your excellent service from everyone there
– Phillip Phasha
Thanks so much for the professional service as always
– Stephen van Staden
Dankie vir al jou moeite met ons vakansiereëlings. Dit was ‘n heerlike wegbreek
– Liezl Botma
Your excellent service provided in such a kind manner should be celebrated by your company and something that I will remember and be thankful for a very long time
– Judith Bester
I must compliment you for being on the ball!
– Gunthar Jacobs
Die toer was wonderlik dankie! Ons is so dankbaar vir al julle professionele reëlings – alles het regtig seepglad verloop
– Annerie Van Wyk
Ek wil net vir jou sê dat jy puik werk gedoen het met die reëling van alles met ons Rusland trip. Ons kon nie vir beter diens gevra het nie. Alles wat net reg
– Mornette Bothma
I just wanted to compliment you on your excellent handling of all our travel arrangements
– Sonya Semmelink
Thank you and your professional team for the remarkable service and support rendered to our us. I must highlight your team’s patience, friendliness and quick actions and feedback, regardless of our requests, “demands”, calls, etc. – not to mention the short notice of some of them. Please know that it is really appreciated
– Riana Niemand
Thank you for all your help and assistance ma'am - Like ALWAYS, it's such a pleasure dealing with you!!
– Rickus Viljoen